Friday, May 05, 2006

Ward Kimball response...

I'm very pleased that there is such a positive response to the Kimball painting. In response, I accept the millennium old animator vow to take good care and share it with all.

For those who have inquired(Many of you!), I stumbled across the painting at an art auction of Illustration work. Amazingly, nobody but I apparently knew who Ward Kimball was. It is a miracle to find such an amazing piece of animation history. Better yet, I was doing research on Ward's styles and that specific era when I discovered it. Now what better piece of art to stare at and ponder my own creative vision!

For all those interested, I may pursue the rights to recreate the painting as a limited edition print so that others can enjoy the image on their wall too. If you are interested in a print, please email me: jim at animationwerks dot com.

Jim

1 Comments:

Blogger Juanma said...

stuffs amazing!
WARD KIMBALL rocks!
I TOOTally love his SHORT FILMS.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home